How Great Corporate Trainers Design their Trainings

Corporate Trainer Vikas Vats

Great Corporate Trainers

Corporate Trainers around the world develop and implement thousands and thousands of corporate training programs. Detailed below are 7 important aspects that Great Corporate Trainers build into their trainings. These needs to be taken care of to design a training program that actually works and yields ROI for the HR department

  1. Why would they learn ?

This is the question every Corporate Trainer need to ask her before designing a training program. There are some participants who are eager to learn but there will be some who would need external motivation.
 Great Trainers always ask themselves while designing their training programs that why would the participate learn ? Do they have some intrinsic motivation, or will give something palpable like promotion or incentive by learning and implementing ? or it is in some other way related to their career growth ?
 This is a simple principle of adult learning that we learn once we know how would it be useful to us.
 If they don’t find any motivation for the participants, they use the first 30 minutes to motivate the participants for the topic. They start with their topic only once they are convinced that now they not the Giver but participants are the Takers
 This is the best situation to train them when they ask for it.
 It’s an old and wise adage “People hate being sold, but they love to buy”.
Usually they ask their trainees about their life goals and career goals and relate the topic with these. Once the participants are convinced that this topic is going to have them achieve their career goals, more than half is done.


  1. Why won’t they Use it ?


This is the second question they ask themselves while designing a corporate training program. What can keep their participants from implementing  the learnings.
Their might be varied reasons to it – inertia to change, bashfulness, environment, lack of support, need for further coaching, maybe they would require some mentoring. Great Corporate Trainers pave the way for their participants to a successful implementation of training intakes.
Many times they would appraise  the participants of the problems they would face once they start implementing the learnings. Now the problems only reassure them that they are on the right track.


  1. How Would they Self Motivate ?


Most of the corporate trainers are able to motivate participants to change. But unfortunately this motivation is not long lasting.
So many times participants accept that they started with something new but could not sustain it, they lack self-motivation.
Great Corporate Trainer train their participants  on self-motivational tricks so that they can sustain the tempo and bring the change lock stock and barrel.


  1. What’s the Action Plan ?

Human brain tends to forget 98% of whatever it has learned, in 30 days. Great corporate trainers make sure that the remaining 2% is what they want it to be.

They help the participants make Action Plan and stick to it.


  1. They don’t Teach, they Help them Learn


Great corporate trainers don’t teach their participants, they create environment where the participants learn at there on.
They use experiential learning for this. They use activities or other training tools in such a way that when trainees are asked what did they get out of it ? The trainees themselves come up with the Gyan which was intended to be imparted into them.
You are a great Trainer only if you can make them learn at their own.


  1. They solve their Personal Problems


Great corporate trainers know that the key to success is relating the topic with participants greatest needs.
They have this ability to relate the topic with participants most common problems based on their age group or other common factors.
Once they establish themselves as a problem solver it is easy to motivate participants for the most difficult changes.


  1. They make the topic Important and Interesting at the same time.


Great Trainer are able to make the topic interesting by humour and fun without diluting the importance of the topic. They are great in verbal underlining and voice intimidation and can seek participant’s complete attention anytime at their will.
They are emotionally intelligent and can control participant’s moods, emotions and feelings.


Vikas Vats